Sunday, May 22, 2016

BFA Thesis show

Here's some of the in-process paintings and "finished" product from my BFA Thesis show this May and my artist statement. I liked using bright colors!

Using oil paint I strive to emulate movement through lines, shapes and color. I try to create a balance between the solid and the line that gives way to a sense of motion. The initial under drawing always seems to capture a moment of freedom and looseness so I try to hold on to the gesture throughout the creation. I capture many instances of time as a multiple exposure effect. To give a sense of history I cover marks up and put them back in until time is evoked. My paintings express the vitality of each individual.  This is a celebration of life that I hope shines through my work showing a deeper need and desire to celebrate each moment in each life. Picking colors and motions that I think reflect the subject’s personality I try to establish an identity that is both individual and universally recognizable.















No comments:

Post a Comment